1. Before you can root your phantom 6 device, according to the procedures revealed below, you’re to boot TWRP recovery file on your device and the install the SuperSU file via recovery option to keep your device rooted. However, due to the phantom 6 device comes with a locked bootloader, you’ll need to unlock it before you can proceed to booting the TWRP recovery file. Worry less, the guide is very easy, as I’ll detail you properly, even if you’re a novice at this, you’ll catch the gist quick.
Download the SuperSU root file from here and move to the root directory of your device.
Firstly, you must setup ADB and Fastboot folder on your computer. I already explained how to setup adb and fastboot folder, I advise you go through this guide here.
2. Once you’re done with that, simply download the twrp recovery.img file from here, and move to the adb and fastboot folder.
3. Next, unlock the bootloader of your device. To unlock the bootloader of your device, you need to enable usb debugging on your phantom 6 device. Simply go to settings >> about >> build number (tap build number 7times) and you’ll get a pop saying that you’re now a developer. Simply go back to settings >> developer’s option and enable usb debugging with oem unlock. Once that is enabled, connect your phone on PC while on using a usb cord, launch the adb or simply click shift + right click and then enter “open command windows” on the blank side of the adb and fastboot folder as seen in the image below.
4. Once command windows is launched, simply input the below command and hit enter to verify if your device is connected.
5. After that, input the below commands to reboot to bootloader and unlock at once. Remember to hit enter after entering each command line.
fastboot oem unlock
6. Now that the bootloader is unlocked, next is to boot the recovery file. To boot the twrp file, simply input the below command and hit enter.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7. Once your device is boot to recovery mode, swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY. Also, select NO if TWRP offers to install root.
8. Next, on TWRP recovery, tap install, locate the SuperSU2.76.zip file and confirm flash.
9. Reboot your device and use root checker to verify if your device is rooted.
That’s how to easily root the tecno phantom 6 device without stress. Please if you encounter any problem during the process, do let me know via comment section, and I won’t hesitate to provide further assistance.