Lets say that Tecno Camon C8 Camera name than a Smartphone. But a new smartphone from Tecno Mobile it is featuring a 13MP rear camera and 5MP Front Camera with flash. The manufacturer hypes the phone as a Camera centric Smartphone. Apart from the Camera capabilities, Camon C8 which is a technically upgraded version of the Tecno Camon C5 features a 5.5 inch HD IPS display, 1.3GHz Quad processor, Android 5.0 Lollipop, 3000mAh battery, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM expandable to 32GB via MicroSD card.
Tecno Camon C8 is not like other device when it comes to rooting, because the popular and easiest apps such as Kingroot, Vroot, Framaroot, Tecnoroot, Rootgenius etc., are not working for it. But below steps will guide you true.
Tecno Camon C8 users to Root and change the IMEI of their Smartphone.
Note that After you must have root your phone, it’s advisable to unroot it before performing an OTA update or restoring factoring settings. We have a comprehensive guide on that here.
Materials Needed For Rooting
1. PC with internet connection
2. USB Cable
3. SP Flash Tool – Download it Here
4. SuperSU.zip – Download it Here
5. TWRP for Tecno C8 by Team Hovatek – Download it Here
To Root Tecno Camon C8
1. Save the SuperSU.zip that you downloaded to your phone’s SD card
2. Unzip the TWRP zip file that you downloaded and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP Flash Tool
How Can I Flash it Using SP Flashtool? You may check out this link instruction: Here
1. Now, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery Mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button simultaneously for 5 seconds)
2. In TWRP Recovery, Choose install zip from SD card – to choose a zip from SD card use Vol up and down scroll up and down, then choose the Supersu.zip file from the root of your SD card.
Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.
It is simple as that. You may download Root Checker from Play Store to verify your root privileges. After downloading, simply Install Root Checker, run it and you should get a success message after then.
All Credit goes to Team Hovatek for providing this guide in rooting Tecno Camon C8.
To Change Your Tecno Camon C8 IMEI to BB IMEI.
Note: It’s not a must for you to root your Tecno Camon C8 before you can change it’s IMEI, the below method of changing IMEI can work for your Tecno Camon C8 without rooting it, but rooting your phone will make you enjoy your phone the fullest.
1. First of all, you need 15 Digits Blackberry Generated IMEI. Simply download BBGEN. epic version, to generate BB IMEI on your Android Device or Download GIPv4.1 Software to your PC here
2. Also download and install MTK Engineering Mode from play store.
3. Open it and click on MTK Settings
4. Then wipe your screen to left site to see Connectivity options.
5. Scroll down to CDS Information and tap on it.
6. Then, look for Radio Information, tap on it and you’ll see something like: Phone1 –
7. Click on phone 1. If you want to change your sim1 or sim2.
8. You will see AT+
9. Type any letter in the search box after AT+ and delete the letter you typed and then, choose;
For Phone 1:
“AT+EGMR=1,7,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you put a space between AT+ EGMR)
For Phone 2:
“AT+EGMR=1,10,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you put a between space AT+ EGMR)
Note that you are to put a space after + not before + as show below;
AT+ EGMR=1,10,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO”
10. After that, select SEND AT COMMAND. You will see a message “AT Command Msent”
11. Close everything and restart your phone, then dial *#06# to view your new IMEI.
12. Now, configure the APN of your Smartphone with blackberry.net and activate it as your default setting. You can then subscribe to Glo Bis by dialing *777*21# or text COMONTH to 777for just N1,000 and you are good to enjoy Glo Bis on your Tecno Camon C8!
Note that Changing of IMEI is illegal in some countries, and Shelaf will not be held responsible for any consequences that befall the changer.
Also, backup your original imei incase anything goes wrong, then reverts using the above procedures for changing.